Blog Baru

Blog Baru
Jemput Melawat

Sayonara~
This evening, I went out to Tanjung Malim. Together with Akmal, Hafidz n Golo. We don't really have any specific aims really that evening, just wanna have some fun.. It's kinda bored you see, sitting in front of your desk, reading books and doing maths all day.. so at 4.00 pm, hafidz came up with the idea to go out, and we all agreed. After performing Asar prayers at Musolla As-Saad, we went out.. We started buying things that have been ordered by others(I hate it when people ordered a whole lot of things, and not giving the money in advance.. who do they think I am? banker or something?) Then, we ate ROJAK! haha.. its been quite a long time since I last ate rojak.. though it did'nt taste SOOO good, but well, everyone seems to have 'a clean plate' after the meal.. haha..

After that, Hafidz and Golo went on buying some stuff at Grand Union.. Then only we proceed to the one and only-Pasar MAlam!!.. I bought Nasi Lemak and Murtabak(soorrry.. can't put the pictures here.. its finish already..haha..).. It's great to see such Pasar Malam filled with tonnes of delicacies(I'm sure it will be sorely missed in UK later on), but there were some other things that was'nt so nice.. By saying it was'nt so nice does'nt mean I hate them, It just that I don't like to see it happening.. hrm.. Well, there were some "unfortunate old folks" there, some were physically challenged while others seems just too old.. My point is, they are reatively incapable of living on their own you see, but there is simply nobody who really cares about them(that includes me) and seems willing enough to at least do something to help these people. JUST IMAGINE, you, yes, you yourself being neglected like that, having to beg for other people's symphathy to keep on LIVING! Do you think you LIKE being like that? think about it, as a human, as a son/daughter or even as a complete stranger. Where are all the virtues being highlighted in our early school? I thought in my kindergarden, my teacher once told me that Old folk's are like "treasure" to others. They have abundant of experience that are far more valuable that any gold on this Earth. I bet I won't believe a single word from her if I know what happens to these people.

That is not the worst part just yet. Meanwhile, on the same time, at a relatively different scene, 'big political names' are quarelling about who should rule the land. From my humble point of view, I don't give a s*** who's the leader atm. Just look around. People ARE SUFFERING. THEY ARE QUARELLING. things will be sorted out untill one side wins. When will that happen? in the long-run you say? As Keynes once said, "we'll all be dead in the long-run". Fine, I totally understand the importance of a proper 'khalifah' leading the people to the right path. But for goodness' sake, I THOUGHT PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO BE KHALIFAH because you'll have a whole lot of responsibilities when you do. These responsibilities will be asked in the afterworld by the Almighty Allah, thus Khalifah are supposed to be those you are BRAVE, because they are willing to be a liability for a community. But what happens now?

I'm going to put things straight now. We support one candidate for his/her party. not because of his reliability.

Example 1: Some people in Taiping if i'm not mistaken are forced to vote for a relatively unknown candidate just because they wanted to vote for BN. For me this IS WRONG. you vote for the person whom you believe are capable of leading you to the right path. Not because you wanted the party that the particular candidate is representing for. I don't want BN, PAS or any other party to lead me. I want a specific candidate, for example I have a lot of respect in Nik Aziz. But this does not mean I should simply register myself at a nearby centre as a Pemuda PAS. This in my opinion is slightly slanted. You see, when you voted a person because of his/her party, when they irresponsibly jumped party, you'll lost your vote already. It's dump and dusted if you know what I mean.

Example 2: we protested when Nizar was forced to put an end to his job, I don't mind if you protested because you know Nizar is a good leader. But many of us protested because we wanted PAS to rule our land. We "konon2nya" wanted Islam to prosper in our area. For me, that is WRONG. True, everybody want Islam to prosper. But remember, its not a one-way route we're talking about.Fine, I understand, when PAS had selected a candidate at one area, they make sure he really is a good leader. but remember, we cannot judge a person simply from his/her party only. I have to say, I barely know Nizar, and in my opinion he SHOULD be given some more time to demonstrate his credentials, so that people can judge whether he really is a good leader. But still, when you are asked to leave your position by many sides, front back and in all other directions, I don't think it's wise to resist. It'll definitely show your resolute character, but it is simply not worth to spray a huge flame at a lighting ember. You'll make things even worse. I think by being more resilience, he can have an outside chance to show the world that there were wrong and teach them all to stand along. A good leader should have the "ability" to follow other as well, because being a leader does not mean being a person whom should never be lead by others. If he showed his resilience, I believe I'll have more respect on him.

And as result you see, when these big names are fighting for "their rights", we lost our rights. These poor old folks are being neglected by everyone, but surely being neglected by the gov. must come as a huge dissapointment. They came to every pasar malam in a vain hope that someone will finally answer their call. I always thought that each district have their own "jabatan kebajikan" that were mainly funded by our taxes. Hey, did those tax were used for trials in courts to show who should be ruling the state? no wonder these people are abandoned!
or maybe those taxes were mainly used to pay the bills of labour working there. hmph.. wonder what a seemingly useless citizen like me should do.. I'm just a one person after all(does'nt this sound familiar? Earth Hour anyone?)

Again, I'm stressing my point. I've learned history. I know the blatant tragedy on 13th of May. I know how that happen. It's all down to race-political incidents. That's why these parties are formed, to show to the bloody Englishmen that we are united and can stand on our own no matter what our race are. But like what Marshall Lerner proposed in his theory of J-Curve, things tend to have to oppositely varied consequences in the long-run compared to the short-run. If its good at the beginning, it's most likely to start declining in the future. Vice versa. (remember Malaysian's old sayings,"berakit2 ke hulu berenang2 ke tepian.. bersakit2 dahulu berenang2 ketepian".. think it looks so true now.) I think its time to move on. We cannot contained our differences by forming parties, but still having different POV and aims. Acting is no longer fun, as once said. When the time comes, all those fake smile will start to change into hatred. I think we should have a individual-based election. We vote who we want to lead us, not which party. And when these bloody parties are eliminated, we won't fight in the parliament just for the sake of supporting our fellow party member. We don't have to act like monkeys anymore. There will no longer be party-based decision, no more faulty and hurting words being thrown to each other. Everyone will be focused on HELPING THE NATION TO GROW. not the party.Right?

Of course, as an economist(future economist, I supposed) I tend to have branches of sight when analysing each situation. There's always a good and bad of things, but in this case, I can say I'm quite sure(normative statement) that the drawbacks of this action is just something that we have to face and deal with. We cannot simply sit down and talk bad things behind other peoples' back but say good things when they are around. We should be what we wanted to be, not what we think what others wanted us to be.Well, that is only if we wanted to see a "civialised community", if you know what I mean.






This entry was posted on Saturday, May 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: