Blog Baru

Blog Baru
Jemput Melawat

Sayonara~
At last, the class starts~~~~~~~
I'm not sure whether I'm ready or not for the lectures and all, but seriously, I am overly excited!!
I bought lots of ref. books already(hopefully I won't be selling it back next year as an 'unused' book, if you know what I mean...)
There's this Macroeconomics book, by Williamson, which Professor Nicola Pavoni seems to like very much.

It costs me about 4o£, for a new book.(some seniors are selling the very same book for about 30£++, so I figured that I might as well buy a brand new one :)
But the thing is, when it arrives, I was very excited. I open the parcel(by DHL btw~), but as soon as I turned the first page, there was this symbols that makes me feel disgruntled a bit.
it written there RM79.95
I was like, OH MY GOD!!! Is this book from Malaysia????
Then I look back at the parcel, and certainly, the order that I place to a seller who called himself as uk-textbook-store or something was a Malaysian.
That means, I bought something that could only cost me RM80 for 40£.
that was like RM150 more!!!
but I think it was ok, because even in Waterstone, when I check it, it costs around 50-60£. and since the book arrived just 2 days after my purchase, so I was quite pleased though.

-the grey-coloured book.

Then the classes.
again, OH MY GOD.
Seriously, what the heck is all this?
I mean, the lecturers was all quite interesting, and indeed knowledgeable, but the students...
Aaarggghh..
Everyone seems to be trying to show off or something, there's this "I am cleverer than you are"
feeling each time someone raise up their hand.
Well you see, I don't mind if they just wanna ask question or sumthing, but the problem is, some people just raised their hand to voice out the ''knowledge''.
Just as if there are the only person that know where the google is, the wiki and all.
HELLO~~
If you wanna talk about financial crisis, when someone else is talking about something, just to show to everyone that you read the news, COME ON???
Its just like you wanna tell a group of world leaders ''How to cook curry".
Da~~~(fine, maybe I was exaggerating, but seriously~)

And the lectures.. Errggghh.. Never thought it would very hard to become a good uni student..
The lectures only cover like 15% of the things that you need to know, and the rest is entirely up to you.
That means, for Econs, I have to read thousands of articles just to equipped myself for the modules...
*that doesn't count those that I want to 'brag' about in class.. deeerrrggghh... :S *

But overall, I have to say, life never gets easier eh?

-Mr Pavoni...


And by the way, talking about economics..
huh..
you see, econs is mainly about human behaviour, how people reacts towards something and all.
So basically the theories is mainly about assumptions(because we can never know what someone else is thinking), as well as expectations, predictions etc.

But the problem is, THERE IS NO REAL ANSWER.
I really like Mr. Pavoni's first sentence(sort of)
"Economics is still at its lowest level, just like the physiologist a couple of decades back, where they can only operate a person and tell us why he died. Not what will happen, but why something has happened."

I definitely agrees with him. I mean, all the theories that has been made and published in our textbooks are all researches and findings that were obtained from the history, from what 'has' happened.
But we NEVER know, what might happen in the future.
We cannot always assume everything will fall into their places and things will proceed just like what it normally does.
We never know, when something is ABNORMAL, something is UNUSUAL happens.
That's why we cannot HAVE an answer for each economics problem.

That day, I went to the library. There's this BIG SCULPTURE, about something weird I think..
It was made by John Flexman if I'm not mistaken, out of wax.

There's plenty of others really. But I just couldn't be bothered looking at all these lame sculptures.. I'm just not into things like this I guess...heh~

The library was indeed big, but I haven't had any chance of browsing and looking around what books are available etc.. But yeah, for goodness sake, I think I'll have every book I need in there.
L|:)

By the way, one more important thing that shall not be forgotten, is the fact that I AM A GOOD COOK!!!
OMG~
haha...*masuk bakul angkat sdr plak eh~~
Really, I've cooked Nasi Lemak,(which was praised by a few Italian friends etc),
Curry Chicken, Masak Merah Chicken, Nasi Goreng Kampung, Nasi Goreng Ayam, Nasi Goreng Udang, Ayam goreng berempah, Ayam goreng kunyit, Ayam kicap+sos and MUCH MORE.
YUMMY~~

-curry chicken

-Nasi Lemak's Sambal


so yeah.. I think that's it for now.
Bye~~
Wassalam

*deep down in my heart, I have to say, I MISS MALAYSIA, as well as MY MUM'S COOK.
huhuhuuhuhu
*psss~maybe insha-Allah next time I'll be sharing something else. Its about the stop Islamisation in Europe (SIOE) thingy. The inconvenient truth.







This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: